The Bird's Nest is the the perfect light lunch or dinner! Try it next time you are craving comfort food but want something healthy and light.
What you need:
- Brown, whole grain rice or black forbidden rice- preferably sprouted.
- Sprouts (any kind will do!)
- Eggs (Free -range)
- Bone broth
What you do:
- Cook the rice in bone broth. This gives it flavor and extra nutrients.
- Chop the parsley. When the rice is done, combine. Add salt/pepper to taste. Place on bottom of bowl as a base.
- Take a handful of sprouts and place in center, arrange like a bird's nest.
- Poach your egg (google how if you don't know.) Place on top of sprouts!
- Spritz with Sriracha or hot sauce of your choice!
And cockle doodle doo, you're done!