The Bird's Nest Bowl!
The Bird's Nest is the the perfect light lunch or dinner! Try it next time you are craving comfort food but want something healthy and light.
What you need:
- Brown, whole grain rice or black forbidden rice- preferably sprouted.
- Sprouts (any kind will do!)
- Eggs (Free -range)
- Bone broth
What you do:
- Cook the rice in bone broth. This gives it flavor and extra nutrients.
- Chop the parsley. When the rice is done, combine. Add salt/pepper to taste. Place on bottom of bowl as a base.
- Take a handful of sprouts and place in center, arrange like a bird's nest.
- Poach your egg (google how if you don't know.) Place on top of sprouts!
- Spritz with Sriracha or hot sauce of your choice!
And cockle doodle doo, you're done!