Stay Cool with the Best Summer Salad!
Its hot out there! Let's face it, you don't wanna eat something that's gonna weigh you down! Keep it light, like a summer breeze! This salad is full of protein and other goodies and super light, so you keep active in that summer heat. Read on for the easy-to-make recipe!
What you'll need:
- Brown, whole grain rice (or black or anything but white.)
- Vine Tomatoes
- Grilled artichoke hearts
- 2 pasture raised, free-range eggs
What you do:
- Start the rice going. You'll need 1/2 cup per serving.
- In a mixing bowl toss the arugula, sliced tomatoes, avocado and grilled artichoke in a light vinaigrette of your choice. Place aside.
- Poach the eggs.
- Add the rice to the bottom of your bowl and place arugula and items on top.
- When your eggs are perfectly poached, lay those on top.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and tomatillo salsa.
- Lean back and chillax!