You may wonder, what is a corporate health coach? What does a coach do? How do I know if I need it? How could you help me in my workplace? In this post we will discuss all of these questions and more. Without further ado, let us begin:
What is a Corporate Health Coach?
A corporate health coach is a health advisor, a person who offers you tools and guides you to gradually introduce changes in your life in terms of health and nutrition to achieve an optimal level of well-being. It takes into account the bio-individuality of people so it offers personalized programs. Because we are all different and what can work for me may not be effective in other people. With all the stress and strain at the workplace, holding and organizing a wellness program is always a great help that benefits the employer and its employees.
What Does a Health Coach Do and What It Does for Employees
Unlike a nutritionist, a corporate health coach does not diagnose, assess intake or propose diets. He or she supports the adoption of healthy habits, including nutrition, emotional, social and spiritual health. A corporate health coach offers a personalized long-term program, in which the person evolves until reaching his objectives. The program usually lasts 6 months and is based on 50-minute bimonthly sessions. In this way, changes are achieved that can be maintained over time. The motto is "Do not diet, change your lifestyle", of course, for a healthier you.
How to know if you need a Health Coach?
• Do you lack energy and feel tired regularly every other day as you enter the workplace?
• Do you have digestive problems such as diarrhea, constipation or bloating?
• Are you not well but neither the doctors nor the analysis identifies your problem?
• Do you suffer from stress every now and then and you cannot control it?
• Do you not know how to control your cravings for sweets?
• Are you tired of diets with a rebound effect and you cannot lose weight?
• Do you eat compulsively and do not know how to stop it?
• You do not know what to eat and are you a mess with so many nutritional theories?
• Do you want to learn healthy habits to improve your health?
• Do you have vices that you cannot eliminate?
• Do you plan to get pregnant and want to know how to take care of yourself?
• You just had a child and you want to recover your figure and your energy?
• Do you want to improve the diet of yours?
• Do you want to learn to buy and cook healthier?
If you answer yes to one of these questions, you are in dire need of a Health Coach.
Can a Corporate Health Coach guide help?
Your coach can help you in all the above-mentioned queries through an individualized program in which you yourself will define your goals and you will achieve them yourself. The coach will guide you, offer you tools but never force the change for you. Therefore, when you contact a health coach, make sure you are willing to work hard to achieve what you want or you will not achieve it.
What do you think about the idea? Would you implement?
Now that you know what a corporate health coach does and how he/she could help you, tell us what you think? Make the right move and get a corporate health coach to assist you today!
IMAGE CREDITS: GOOGLE.COM